A joint programme from the ICA (Institute of Culinary Art) and GBZ (Gastronomisches Bildungszentrum Koblenz).
Start your career in leadership and gain knowledge of management basics
This course combines an entry into the foundational standards of the management of gastronomic establishments, as well as a broad insight into methods of modern team-management in gastronomy and the hospitality industry.
This course provides, through two modules, knowledge of the foundations of value-added management and the leadership of small teams in an operational environment. The course covers, amongst others, the following topics:
– What does good leadership (not) mean?
– What makes a good leader?
– Modern leadership styles and their application
– Process of leadership in a team
– Development for a leadership role and coaching
– Leadership and generation YIn the accompanying „leadership“ workshop, we explore the following topics:
– Reflection as a leader and analysis of areas of conflict
– One’s own role as a leader (and how to fill it)
– Leading with method(s)
– Communication and holding conversations as a basis of team leadership
– Self-management for those in leadership positions
– Conflict management lightxx
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at anybody, who has already gained or is planning to gain some leadership experience, such as managers of small establishments, cafeterias or stations. The course is targeted at (prospective) branch managers, kitchen managers, restaurant managers, as well as future leaders, who would like to reflect and improve upon their leadership skills. Therefore, this course is also open to those without prior experience, as well as those starting a business.
WHAT SKILLS ARE ACQUIRED THROUGH THIS COURSE?
The participants gain a foundational insight into value-added management of the food service industry, as well as comprehensive practical knowledge of leadership in teams. Here, relevant methods will be conveyed and learned through practical exercises.
WHICH OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS?
Through completing this course, participants with limited leadership experience can create an important basis for further responsibilities. From the leadership of small teams, they will become capable of taking on more responsibility.
HAVE WE SPARKED YOUR INTEREST?
For non-binding advice on our training, you can reach us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach us by phone on +49 281 40 55 827
AT A GLANCE:
- Start: Anytime alongside the delivery of the text books
- Duration: 6 months
- Course fees: € 1.390,00* (including VAT)
- Registration: Through company
- Exam: Online test, IHK certification exam
- Prerequisites:Gastronomical training or initial experience in the food service industry
- Exam fees: € 165,00* (including VAT)