The ICA Foundation promotes and connects people, with the aim of carrying the responsibility for our nutrition. We oversee socially relevant issues from gastronomy, culinary arts and commerce.
We are shaping the future of the industry
- The “ICA Foundation”, as a higher body, defines and steers the relevant issues. It never loses sight of what is most important: the future.
- Since its establishment, the Institute of Culinary Arts has consistently concerned itself with its biggest aim; enthusing people for gastronomy. This means awakening passion for culinary arts, creating attractive career opportunities with innovative further education models for young talents and offering a platform for businesses to exchange ideas.
- Today, the ”ICA Network” is the leading industry network in Germany and has become a solid institution.
- The deficit of skilled professionals is the main issue facing us today. We act against this, as we know the expectations of future employees, and we take them seriously.
The ICA Foundation works charitably and promotes integration and inclusion
ICA Executive Network
Achieving something great together
- In the Executive Network, the who’s who of the gastronomical and food industry regularly come together.
- With clear values and the aim of sustainably improving the conditions for those who work in our industry.
- The intensive, trusting and long-term contact between members stands for an open and creative exchange of ideas, beyond competition.
- The ICA Executive Network is a strong community of over 350 members, which sets standards as a network platform.
ICA Next Generation Network
Developing and connecting The next generation of management
- We established the ICA Next Generation Network in 2019. Here, the young management generation shares their views on common issues and provides new impulses for responses to our biggest questions.
- The ICA builds a bridge between generations of management with the Executive and the Next Generation Network.
- In the Next Generation Network, the leaders of tomorrow of various branches have the chance to connect, in order to become best prepared for the oncoming challenges of their careers.
ICA Human Resources
We act against the deficit of skilled professionals
- The Personal Manager Network of the ICA was developed in 2012 as a reaction to the realisation that the biggest challenges for the employers of the food service industry can only be solved through businesses working together.
- The fluctuating attractiveness as employers, as well as the increasing deficit of employees and skilled workers are the causes of economic damage and a loss of image.
- In order to work against this, the Personal Manager Network faces the relevant questions concerning employee acquisition and retention in an attractive future working environment.
ICA Management Academy
For new perspectives and opportunities
- Only those who act and engage themselves in the gastronomical industry can have an impact. For this reason, we established the ICA Management Academy in 2006.
- Hier werden in Zusammenarbeit mit den kompetentesten Bildungsträgern unternehmensindividuelle Bildungskonzepte entwickelt, um sich ganz auf die Anforderungen an die kommende Generation einzustellen und dem Fachkräftemangel entgegenzuwirken.
- Here, together with the most competent educational institutions, company- specific educational concepts are developed, to fully prepare for the needs of the next generation and to work against the deficit in skilled professionals. Specially developed workshops, flexible study modules and numerous scholarships – these are examples, with which the ICA inspires and promotes talents for our industry. The ICA Academy offers those with qualifications up to a Bachelor‘s degree educational paths towards a variety of management levels.
- Through these development programmes, potential candidates educate themselves further, achieve higher career goals and the gastronomical industry receives new generations of qualified management on a long-term basis.
ICA Culinary Excellence Academy
We are defining the meaning of craft for the chefs of the future
- The Culinary Excellence Academy deals with the culinary arts of the 21st century. It follows all facets of the development of the art of cooking, in the context of increasing industrialisation, mechanisation and systematisation.
- The Culinary Excellence Academy defines the meaning of craft for the chefs of the future.
- In the seminars and workshops of the “Culinary Excellence Academy”, we cover the forward-looking trends and developments for all facets of the gastronomical industry. As close to practice as possible and always up to date with the latest developments. Alongside the most competent representatives of their craft.
ICA Start Ups
When the spark ignites
Guerilla Chefs are a revolution. They know no conventions. They are bound by the love of cooking and the fun they have together. Here, passion counts. Nothing more. Young cooks and those passionate about cooking, with a flair for creativity, can join them and become a part of this spirit.